Wednesday 3 December 2008

Swimming and Working

More complaints that we haven't been writing anything on the blog. Well, I'd like to point out that nobody has been commenting on our blog either...

Anyways, my mother, who we talk to a couple of times a week, wants another post, so here I am.

We've been taking Bayli to the pool and she loves it. Hasn't cried once, even with all the dunking and stuff like that. She's really starting to splash around a bit now too.

Bayli has finally, after weeks of effort, started to get mobile. She drags herself around, normally diagonally because she only pushed with one foot, but still. And, if you hold her hands for balance she can practically run across a room. She gets very excited about it all.

She's sleeping through the night now. (Well, most nights. She's down the other end of the house from the main bedroom now so we normally leave her door and our door open so we can hear if she starts crying during the night. Except my parents were staying the other night so we had out door closed... couldn't hear a thing but apparently she was crying a lot that night. Oh well-- Kel and I got some sleep. Bayli was happy enough in the morning so there doesn't appear to have been any long term effects.)

Kel and Bayli go to Play Group on Tuesdays and this week I went along too. A lot of the regulars weren't there apparently and they changed the routine slightly so I didn't get to see how things normally were but it was still good.

I started a new job on Monday. Some electricians in town (Storey Electrical) used to have a little shop where they sold a couple of things like stoves and power points and whatever. They've decided to expand and open a big, proper retail type place with fridges and stoves and washing machines and lights and all sorts of stuff. So I'm in the shop each afternoon from 1 to 5 selling stuff and booking jobs for the electricians and whatnot. I will be anyway. At the moment I'm cleaning and painting and stuff like that. Not bad so far. The people are all nice, so that's a bonus. And it's only a few minutes from home. Apparently the hours may increase and there may also be some TA type stuuf that I can do.

Xmas is coming quick. We still need to organise a lot of presents. I don't have anything for Kel yet, though I have some ideas.

Kel is going well with the Family Day Care. Still not a full roster but anyways.

Pip is turning into a watch dog. She now barks at people waling past on the street (very annoying) and gets very serious with growling and the works if they come into the yard. She is completely different to the petrified puppy we brought home (though she still doesn't like getting close to strangers).

I think that's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so here I am, commenting. Sounds like you've got it all happening now. Check your facebook you two, there's a party invite waiting for you.
love
shaz