Sunday 3 February 2008

A Dog's LIfe

Well, tomorrow I start work. Actually, I've been working for a last couple of weeks, but I'll get paid for what I do tomorrow. That will be nice. We've spent a lot of money in the last two weeks without any coming in. I must say though, it feels like a lot longer than two weeks. It feels like we've been driving backwards and forwards to Brisbane for months.

As for work, I start at 7:30 in the morning. Weather permitting (it's been raining on and off here today) I'll ride my push-bike. Did a trial run today and it took about 4 minutes. I like that. No stress in the mornings and a bit of a chance to unwind on the way home in the afternoon.

Kel is thinking about looking for work too. She started working on her resume today. She'll probably be bored stupid in a week if she does nothing. Whether anyone will employ her is another thing.

She had us cleaning today. The study does look heaps better though.

And we didn't clean all day. This morning we visited the RSPCA in Kingaroy and ordered ourselves a puppy. We can't pick he up until Wednesday (because she still has to be de-sexed) which is a bit of a bummer. They were calling her Bindi but we changed her name to Molly. She is really quite-- possibly didn't have the best start in life-- but hopefully we can cure her of that. We've bought her a bed and my parents visiting on the weekend (for Kel's birthday) are bringing all the stuff they have left over from when their dog died.

Other than that... had a visit from the guy who used to own this place. He just dropped by to show us where the termites were in the yard and see if everything was going all right, which was nice.

And hello to all the people at my old work. They posted a comment and I replied, but I'm not sure if they'd think to look there. And I just remembered that I have a book on order. Let me know when it comes in please.

No comments: